Download RadStar Utility Software
NOTE: The file containing this software is approximately 53 MB in size. Depending on your Internet connection, you may have trouble downloading this software from the website. Please Contact Us if you would prefer we mail you the RadStar software on a CDRom.
Download RadStar USB Cable Driver
Click here to download the Cable Driver software required to use the "RadStar Data Download Cable (P/N: 28262)". NOTE: download zip file size is approximately 3.94 MB. Driver is compatible with Win 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Software Installation Instructions
- Click on the link above to download the RadStar Utility Software or USB Cable Driver
- After clicking the link, Save the .zip file to your computer
- After file has finished downloading, right-click on the .zip file on your computer and select Extract All
- After the files have been extracted to your computer, click on Show Extracted Files
- For the RadStar Utility Software, double-click on the file InstallSplash.exe.For the USB Driver, double-click on the file PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1.7.0.exe.
- Step 5 above will begin the software installation.
- For further instructions on completing the software installation or un-installing the software, refer to RadStar Documentation
Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013 Compatability Issues
If you are receiving an error when trying to export your test results to Excel 2010 or 2013, you could have a compatability issue. There is a simple setting to update in order to get these exports to work correctly.
Windows 7 and 8 Serial-to-USB Cable Driver Issue
Some Windows 7 and 8 PCs have had trouble communicating with RadStar devices. If you are experiencing trouble with your Windows 7 or 8 computer because your Device Manager is not recognizing the Prolific Serial Adapter, use the instructions below to resolve the problem.